May 23, 2016 at 4:08 pm #6479
Green Test PrepKeymaster
Here is the official list of what you can and can not bring with you on test day:
- Bring a printed copy of your ticket to the test center. You will not be admitted to test if you do not have a printed copy of your ticket.
- Bring acceptable photo identification. You will not be admitted to test if your ID does not meet ACT requirements.
- Bring sharpened, soft lead No. 2 pencils with good erasers (no mechanical pencils or ink pens). Do not bring any other writing instruments; you will not be allowed to use them. If you are registered for the ACT with writing, your essay must also be completed in pencil.
- Bring a watch to pace yourself, but do not bring a watch with an alarm. If your alarm sounds during testing, you’ll be dismissed and your answers will not be scored. No watch? No problem. The supervisor in standard time rooms will announce when you have five minutes remaining on each test.
- Bring a permitted calculator to be used on the mathematics test only. It is your responsibility to know whether your calculator is permitted. Please refer to the ACT Calculator Policy. To make it even easier to figure out, you are not required to use a calculator at all.
Don’t bring these into the test room; you can’t use them!
- Textbooks, foreign language or other dictionaries, scratch paper, notes, or other aids
- Highlight pens, colored pens or pencils, or correction fluid/tape
- Any electronic device, other than a permitted calculator (this includes your mobile phone, media player, iPad, headphones, and camera)
- Reading material
- Tobacco in any form
- Food or beverages, including water (you will be offered a break outside of the test room)